The Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition's (DBCC) 23rd Annual Breast Cancer Update began as a small scientific meeting to update physicians about the latest trends in breast cancer diagnosis and treatment. Recognizing the importance of bringing the most up-to-date information to all health professionals, breast cancer survivors, and the general public, the program has grown to an annual forum of more than 400 attendees.
It is our goal to have programming that empowers our community in the fight against breast cancer. The Annual Breast Cancer Update allows us to bring nationally renowned speakers in the breast cancer field and gives us the opportunity to educate the community about the innovative research, treatment, and programs that are available in Delaware.
The 23rd Annual Breast Cancer Update will be held on Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at Dover Downs Hotel and Convention Center, Ballrooms B and C in Dover from 7:45 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
Co-chaired by Marilyn Hyte
Planning Committee: Katelyn Bender, Connie Holdridge, Jan Jessup, Sally Maday, Mary McLaughlin, MD, Kelly Paustian, Amanda Perdue, Linda Powell, Meridith Rothstein, Lois Wilkinson, Dennis Witmer, MD, FACS and Wilma Yu, MS, RN, CEN
As a result of this program, attendees will be able to:
1. Identify recent trends and advances in breast cancer diagnosis , treatment and clinical trials.
2. Understand protocols and options for radiologic screening of high risk patients
3. Understand the objectives and results of the DBCC “Quality of Life Study”
4. Understand how tumor profiling and genetic counseling impacts treatment options and strategies for patients
5. Understand integrative medicine i.e. the addition on non -medicinal therapies and approaches to patient care